Detox Bath: A Way To Eliminate Toxins
Who doesn't love taking baths these days?
I love sitting in the bath for an hour or two reading a book or just lying there relaxing
with my own thoughts..
In my case, I try to take a detox bath at least once a month.
They make you sweat and yet rid of the toxins that are in your body,
as well balance hormone and ph levels.
They can also help relieve stress, headaches and sore muscles.
Other possible benefits:
Boost your health and overall well-being
Strengthen your immune system
Improve sleep and concentration
Help muscles function properly
Improve skin quality
Prevent blood clots
Improve nutrient absorption
Ingredients for your detox bath:
1/2 cup epson salt
1/2 cup baking soda
1 tablespoon coconut oil or shea butter
Optional: 3 -5 drops organic essential oil. I use
lavendar or chamomile. Make sure to use an oil that
you can use topically.
Tips Before & After Bath:
- Don't eat anything 30 minutes before your bath.
- Put water as hot as you can handle.
- Soap for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Do whatever makes you relax: read a book, listen to music.
- Get up from your bath slowly because you might get a little dizzy.
- Rinse off quickly with cold water. This will cool you down and help with your dizziness.
- Apply body oil or moisturizing lotion.
☆ Afterwards avoid chemicals topically and internally. Your body is at it's most absorbent state. Wait an hour to eat something after your bath and drink plenty of water to replenish the liquids you lost while in bath.